Corlay Ranch is located only 90 minutes north of downtown Houston, two and a half hours south of Dallas, or 60 minutes east of College Station. Eight miles east of Huntsville, directly off of Interstate 45, makes travel easy and quick. No more 6 to 8 hour drives to south Texas, knowing that you have to spend another 6 to 8 hours Sunday coming home.
Monster Trophy Bucks:
Corlay Ranch offers some of the most exciting hunting opportunities in the State of Texas. We are a family owned and run business, and we like to take that feeling straight to our hunters with true Texas hospitality. Corlay Ranch has free ranging bucks from the 140″ to over 225″ Boone and Crockett. We offer only a limited number of hunts each year so that we can make sure that each of our guests have the opportunity to see as many quality bucks as possible. Our management program consists of year round 20% protein feed, free choice alfalfa hay, year round food plots, as well as active corn feeders from September to February. We monitor the deer constantly with trail cameras and visual observations.
Corlay Ranch has a 4200 square foot lodge built in 2010. The lodge has 4 bedrooms (sleeps up to 11 people), 3 full baths, full kitchen with 3 ovens, 2 ice makers, great room with large screen TV (Direct TV) and fireplace, outdoor room with TV (Direct TV), pool table, and fireplace, outdoor kitchen with bar area, Treagaer grill, Cajun deep fryer, steak grill, and an outdoor 8 foot fire conversation pit.
Corlay Ranch has a large walk-in cooler and a lighted covered cleaning station for processing your trophy bucks. Our hanging rack has electric hoist and scales to make the process as easy as possible. We have 10 King Ranch carpeted deer tower stands with executive office chairs… best stand made for your comfort and pleasure. There are also 9 tripod tower bow stands. A fully trained trophy skinner and mount prep person will prepare your harvested animal for mounting and full taxidermy services can be provided if desired.
Corlay Ranch has three lakes that may be used by you during your visit. All our lakes are highly maintained throughout the year with a fertilization, weed control, and forage fish restocking program. Our Trophy Bass Lake is 13 acres and has a covered boat house and dock with a fully equipped fishing boat with trolling motor. Our Fun Lake is 8 acres and is stocked to catch a lot of fish… may not be as big… but great place for kids and wives to fish and learn. Our third lake is our Catfish Lake, about 2 acres, stocked mainly for the production of blue channel catfish… again… lots of fun to catch and eat.
Corlay Ranch has 250 yard rifle shooting range with two sit down benches with spotters stations as well as a pistol range. The range has normal target boards as well as rotating metal spinning targets to test your skills.
Trophy Hunt Agenda:
Trophy hunts are from Friday to Sunday. A package includes a total of 4 hunts over a 3 day period. Hunters check in before 1:00 pm on Friday, hunt Friday afternoon, Saturday morning/afternoon, and Sunday morning. Check out is 1:00 pm Sunday.
- Hunters can expect to see several trophy bucks ranging between 140″ and 190+” Boone and Crockett. All trophies will be scored on the Boone and Crockett scoring system and all prices will be based on a gross non-typical score.
- A trophy is chosen by the hunter with the guides discretion… If a shot is taken and blood is drawn, it is considered a harvest. Every effort will be made to recover the wounded animal.
- The fee schedule for trophy hunts is as follows:
140″-160″ B&C $6000
160″-180″ B&C $8000
180″-200″ B&C $10,000
Over 200″ B&C $10,000 + $200 per inch over 200
- Not included in these fees are gratuities, firearms and ammo, hunting licenses, hunters safety education, or sales tax
- There is a small chance a hunter will come home empty handed. This is NOT a guaranteed or canned hunt. To date, we have a 100% success record but we are dealing with wild animals. We guarantee you the opportunity to harvest a trophy animal the rest is up to you
- A 50% deposit ($3,000) of the lesser fee is required to secure your reservation. The remaining 50% balance ($3,000) is due in full 14 days before arrival. Trophy fees that apply will be paid prior to departure. Corlay Ranch accepts cash, checks, and money orders
- Refund Policy: There is a $1500 cancellation fee with less than 21 days notice. With adequate notice, more than 21 days, you have the option to transfer your deposit to an available hunting date later in the same season.
- Non-hunting guest are $175 per day
- Group discounts are available… call for further information
Corlay Ranch reserves all our management buck and doe hunts for our family hunts and youth hunters. With purchase of one trophy hunt, a Parent-child, under age 16, can harvest a management buck as determined specifically by Corlay Ranch and a management doe for $2500
Corlay Ranch maintains a small herd of both Black Buck antelope, Fallow deer and Axis. There will be a limited number of trophy animals available and we do not hunt them until they reach a true trophy stage. Call for availability and pricing.
Other Hunts and Activities:
Corlay Ranch can arrange the following hunts and activities off premises:
- Trinity River guided duck hunts
- Private flooded river bottom guided duck hunts
- Quail hunting over trained bird dogs
- Feral hog hunting (this depends on availability of hunting property)
- Complete skeet and sporting clay shoots for groups or individuals
Corporate or Group Lease:
We have a special package for groups that are looking for a company lease with multiple outings throughout the year. We are flexible and can work with your group or company to provide the things you are looking for in a hunting lease. Call us to discuss your needs and see what package we can put together.